4 hrs. / $75
For those in search of a VA resident or non-resident Concealed Handgun Permit, you found it. TW’s Trigger Techniques offers a comprehensive training session by a NRA certified instructor that exceeds the requirements needed to obtain the VA. CHP. It all begins here.
This four-hour block of instruction will ensure each student receives the most current information related to state firearm law, home firearm safety, handgun mechanisms and operation, handling, and maintaining a firearm. Additionally, the applicant needs to demonstrate competence with a handgun to meet the training requirements set forth by the state (See acceptable list below). My goal is to ensure you leave with an understanding of what firearms are capable of and why you need to further your training as a potential gun owner. I will supply the hearing protection, eye protection, firearm, ammunition and range fees for a class. Range fees are not included for 1 on 1 VA CHP training. A certificate of completion will also be given to each student. I keep classes small to allow for personal attention since we all learn differently and this training is too important to rush through.
- Application requirements
- Introduce and Review Safe Gun Handling Rules
- Pistol Parts and Operation
- Ammunition knowledge and selection
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Holster selection
- Firearms Laws (Va.) or Legal Responsibilities
- Use of Deadly Force
- Interactions with law enforcement
Live fire session
- Demonstrate Safety principals
- Demonstrate Marksmanship Skills
Documentation of Competence with a Handgun
The applicant shall demonstrate competence with a handgun by one of the following:
- Completing a hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or a similar agency of another state.
- Completing any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course.
- Completing any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law-enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or the Department of Criminal Justice Services or a similar agency of another state.
- Completing any law-enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement.
- Presenting evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition approved by the Department of State Police or current military service or proof of an honorable discharge from any branch of the armed services.
- Obtaining or previously having held a license to carry a firearm in this Commonwealth or a locality thereof, unless such license has been revoked for cause.
- Completing any firearms training or safety course or class, including an electronic, video, or on-line course, conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor.
- Completing any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualifying to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.
- Completing any other firearms training that the Virginia Department of State Police deems adequate.
A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any such course or class, an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught such course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant, or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall satisfy the requirement for demonstration of competence with a handgun.
FIREARMS: LEAVE IN YOUR CAR until the INSTRUCTOR asks you to bring them into the classroom. Firearm MUST be in a hard or soft case or range bag.
BRING: the owner’s manual if you're unfamiliar with the operation or disassembly of your firearm. When making your reservation tell us the make, model and caliber of your firearm. Bring one box (50 cartridges) for live fire.
NOTE: NO AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM. Leave it in your car.
RENTAL: Don't own a firearm, hearing or eye protection, we can rent you ours. Just let us know when scheduling training. If you have your own eye and ear protection, bring them.
1 Firearm & 50 rounds - $20 Electronic Hearing Protection - $3 Eye Protection - $2
**Range fee not included for 1 on 1 / Reduced $5 range fee for 2 or more students.
(Does not include range fee.)